Francisco Flores, Structured Finance Practice Co-Chair, focuses his practice on negotiating, structuring and documenting corporate transactions and related financing arrangements. He has represented publicly traded and privately held companies in borrowing and lending transactions, entertainment financing, mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, public and private debt and equity offerings, SEC compliance, tender offers, venture capital transactions and general corporate matters.
In the structured transactions arena, Francisco has represented issuers and underwriters in acquisitions, sales and securitizations in various asset classes, including automobiles leases, commercial mortgages, home equity loans, residential mortgages, life settlements, premium finance loans, lottery receivables, peer-to-peer loans, pharmaceutical receivables, structured settlements, student loans and solar energy receivables.
In addition, he has experience in cross-border transactions in Latin America, including asset acquisition, cross-border borrowing and lending, debt restructuring, foreign direct investment, formation and operation of foreign subsidiaries and real estate transactions.
Honors and Awards
- The Legal 500 Latin America, Recgonized for International Firms - Banking & Finance (2022)
- The Legal 500, Structured Finance: Securitization—USA (2018-2022)
- The IFLR1000, Notable Practitioner in the state of New York and California for M&A (2019-2022)
- 2017 Esoteric ABS Law Firm of the Year by GlobalCapital
- 2016 Best Green/Socially Responsible Investment (SRI) Asset-Backed Securities (ABS) Deal of the Year by GlobalCapital’s SRI/Green Bond Awards
- Highly ranked in the Latinvex Top Law Firms 2019
- Shortlisted by IJGlobal for “Latin American International Legal Adviser of the Year”
- The Legal 500 Latin America (2018)
- Bonds & Loans Latin America 2018 Power Finance Deal of the Year by GFC Media Group
- Shortlisted for 2018 IFLR Americas Deal of the Year awards (Loans: El Cortí wind farm financing)
- Who Represents Latin America’s Biggest Companies 2017? by the Latin American Corporate Counsel Association (LACCA)
- Board Member, Mexican American Bar Foundation
Francisco received a B.S. in 1995 and a M.B.A. in 1997 from Azusa Pacific University, and a J.D. from the University of Southern California Law School in 2000.
- Quoted in “PACE market shifts and evolves to grapple with policy headwinds” by Jennifer Kang, GlobalCapital, February 25, 2019.
- Flores, F., Lemus, G. and Pérez, G., “The Improved Framework for Investment in Mexican Fintech Companies,” Legaltech News, September 28, 2018.
- Flores, F., Bloom, J., Erana, F. and Curiel, C., “Emerging Issues in the Mexican Power Sector,” InsideCounsel, November 10, 2016.
- Erana, F., Flores, F., Ornelas, M. and Sigler, D., “Mexican energy reform: Emerging issues in the midstream and downstream sectors,” InsideCounsel, November 3, 2015.
- Erana, F., Flores, F., Ornelas, M. and Sigler, D., “Mexican energy reform: Emerging issues in the upstream sector,” InsideCounsel, July 31, 2015.
- Flores, F., Erana, F. and Ortiz, F., “Private Equity Opportunities in the Mexican Energy Sector,” Transaction Advisors, December 23, 2014.
- Godkin, L., Cyrson, M., and Flores, F., “Information and Entrepreneurship: Insights from Wielkopolska, Poland; Zacatecas, Mexico; and Houston, Texas,” presented at the 19th Annual International Conference of the Strategic Management Society, October 3-6, 1999, Berlin, Germany.
- Godkin, L., and Flores, F., “Training Needs of Entrepreneurs in Mexico,” Proceedings of the 1998 National Conference of the National Association of Hispanic and Latino Studies, February 10-14, 1998, Houston, Texas; and presented at the National Meeting of the Small Business Institute Directors’ Association, February 10-13 1999, San Francisco, California.
- Nels, M., Flores, F., Bezjian, I., and Parks, T., “The Emergence of Strategic Marketing - A Definition,” Journal of International Management, England, Vol. 15 No. 3 (September 1998).
- Panelist, "The Realities of International Expansion," LendIt Fintech LatAm, December 2021
- Moderator, "The LatAm Infrastructure & Energy Outlook: What is the overall perspective on key sectors across Latin America for projects and financing going forward?", IJLATAM 2021, September 2021
- R-PACE Securitizations, PACENation Summit 2019, Austin, Texas, April 4, 2019.
- Commercial & Residential PACE: Market Update, SFIG Vegas 2019, Las Vegas, Nevada, February 24, 2019.
- Alumni Panel for Pre-Law Students, Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, California, March 19, 2018.
Speaking Engagement 09/08/22IMN’s ESG in Structured Finance Conference 2022
Accolade 08/25/22Winston & Strawn Recognized in IFLR1000 2022
Speaking Engagement 07/19/22Francisco Flores Speaks at SFVegas 2022
Accolade 06/08/22Winston & Strawn Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S. 2022
Accolade 03/28/22Winston Partners Profiled in 2022 L.A. Banking and Finance: Trends. Updates. Visionaries. Magazine
Sponsorship 12/06/21Winston Sponsors LendIt Fintech LatAm 2021
Accolade 11/04/21Winston & Strawn Recognized in The Legal 500 Latin America 2022
Accolade 06/10/21Winston & Strawn Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S. 2021
Speaking Engagement 09/15/20Francisco Flores Provides Key Takeaways on Financing Latin American Infrastructure and Energy Projects
Accolade 11/01/19Winston & Strawn Recognized in IFLR1000 2020
Accolade 06/07/19Winston & Strawn Attorneys Recognized in IFLR1000 United States 2019
Accolade 05/30/19Winston & Strawn Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S. 2019
Accolade 11/12/18Winston & Strawn Recognized in IFLR1000 2019
Accolade 11/07/18Winston & Strawn Top-Ranked by Latinvex
Article 09/28/18The Improved Framework for Investment in Mexican Fintech Companies
Accolade 09/06/18Winston Recognized in The Legal 500 Latin America 2018
Accolade 05/30/18Winston & Strawn Recognized in The Legal 500 U.S. 2018
Accolade 03/12/18Winston & Strawn Shortlisted for 2018 IFLR Americas Deal of the Year Awards