Jeff Cole concentrates his practice on representing senior and junior lenders, private equity sponsors and public and private companies with leveraged acquisition financings, working capital facilities, expansion and growth financings and recapitalizations. He also advises lenders, private equity sponsors and borrowers with respect to troubled loans, loan restructurings and work-outs.
Jeff has extensive experience with various types of debt financings, including cash flow and asset-based lending transactions, senior secured first lien and second lien loan financings, unitranche loan financings, mezzanine loan financings, cross-border financings, and distressed lending transactions.
In addition to representing borrowers and lenders in loan transactions, Jeff regularly represents lenders with non-control structured equity investments, such as investments in warrants and minority equity investments. He also represents private companies in buy-side and sell-side merger and acquisition transactions.
Jeff represents a broad range of clients, including public and private investment funds (including private equity funds, private mezzanine funds and hedge funds), domestic and foreign banks, and specialty lenders. Additionally, his client experience spans a variety of industries, including agriculture, business services, consumer products, healthcare, hospitality, lender finance, manufacturing, media, oil and gas, retail, restaurants, security alarm, software, technology and telecommunications.
Honors and Awards
Jeff was included in the 2022 and 2023 editions of The Best Lawyers in America® for Banking and Finance Law.
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Business Law Section
- Board of Advisors, University of Arkansas Walton School of Business
Jeff received a B.A. and B.S. from the University of Arkansas in 1985 and a J.D. from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 1988.
- Spotless Brands $958 Million Senior Secured Credit Facilities Upsize
- Ranger Energy Services, Inc. Acquisition of Basic Energy Services, Inc
- Ranger Energy Services, Inc. Acquisition of PerfX Wireline Services
- ION Geophysical Successfully Completes Exchange Offer and Consent Solicitation, and Rights Offering
- FTS International Completes Financial Restructuring
- Paceline Equity Partners' Acquisition of Progress Rail Equipment Leasing Corporation
- Rock Hill Capital Group Majority Recapitalization of LQC Pipe and Supply
- Installed Building Products $300 Million Term Loan B Facility
Jeff speaks frequently on corporate and commercial law matters, finance, and creditors’ rights.
Accolade 08/18/22Winston & Strawn Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2023
New Development 12/03/212020-2021 Pro Bono Impact Report
Accolade 08/19/21Winston & Strawn Attorneys Recognized in The Best Lawyers in America© 2022
Accolade 06/28/21Winston Wins at the 2021 Turnaround Atlas Awards
Webinar 06/10/20 - 06/10/20Health Care Finance: Current Issues, Future Opportunities
Media Mention 06/23/17“Legal Shock and Awe in Dallas”: Winston Partners Profiled in Dallas Business Journal
Speaking Engagement 04/21/17Winston Partners Speak at ACC’s Annual In-House Symposium
Media Mention 02/07/17Launch of Winston’s Dallas Office Featured in Various Publications
Press Release 02/06/17Winston & Strawn Expands Texas Presence with Addition of 23 Partners and Opening of a Dallas Office