Yang Wang has extensive experience in corporate governance, regulatory compliance, and China-U.S. cross-border transactions as well as dispute resolution matters.
Yang’s knowledge of both the U.S. and Chinese legal systems, his language skills, and cultural sensitivity enable him to efficiently identify issues unique to Chinese clients and provide strategic solutions.
Honors and Awards
Super Lawyers Magazine, Rising Star (2019-2021)
Yang received his B.L. from China University of Political Science and Law in 2009. He received his LL.M. in U.S. Law in 2010 and his J.D. in 2012 from Washington University School of Law, where he was the President of China Law Society.
Some of the experience represented below may have been handled at a previous firm.
- Represented FTS International, Inc., one of the largest providers of hydraulic fracturing services in North America, in its $32.7 million Sale of Interest of SinoFTS Petroleum Services Ltd. to Sinopec Oilfield Corporation.
- Represented CSL Capital Management in connection with its $206 million acquisition of Weatherford International's laboratory services business.
- Represented a U.S. based private equity client in its disposition of a portfolio company in the automobile parts industry to a Chinese buyer for $150 million.
- Represented a Chinese environmental technology and water treatment company in its acquisition of the water technologies division in the United States and South America of a leading engineering and services group for over $200 million.
- Represented a Chengdu, Sichuan-based Chinese public company in its acquisition of a U.S. dewatering equipment manufacturing company for over $70 million.
- Represented a Chinese state-owned company in the preparation of a purchase and sale agreement for a jack-up offshore drilling rig.
- Represented a Chinese company in its proposed $1.2 billion acquisition of the motors and appliance controls business from a U.S. public company.
- Represented a major state-owned Chinese company in its proposed EPC investment in a clean energy project in Texas with a transaction value in excess of $1.3 billion.
- Represented a China-based drilling tools manufacturing company in a litigation at a dispute amount over $17 million.
- Represented CSL Ventures, the venture capital arm of Houston-based private equity firm CSL Capital Management, in its Series A investment in Machfu, Inc.
- Acquisition of BMG Metals by Triple-S Steel
- Ranger Energy Services, Inc. Acquisition of PerfX Wireline Services
- Maas Hansen Steel Division of Triple-S Steel Acquires Rolled Steel
- Hospice Source Acquisition of Superior Healthcare Inc.
- Transition Capital Partners Sale of SuccessEd to Frontline Education
- Formation of Group 11 Technologies, Inc.
- Paceline Equity Partners' Acquisition of R.E.L.A.M., Inc. and Affiliates
- Nichols Oil Tools Sale to Argonaut Private Equity