Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Partner Mike Melbinger will participate in NASPP’s January 16 webinar titled “Hot Topics in Equity Compensation.”
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, IRS Notice 2018-68, CEO pay ratios, and accounting updates are just a few examples of developments affecting equity compensation. Will 2019 bring more upheaval and late-breaking developments in terms of legislation and plan design, accounting, tax, securities, and other legal developments? This webinar will address the latest hot topics in equity compensation and will include the following topics:
- Section 162(m) changes and the guidance issued by the IRS with Notice 2018-68;
- Potential strategies for plan design to mitigate the loss of the tax deduction with the amendments to Section 162(m);
- Recent director compensation litigation;
- Compensation committee independence standards;
- CEO pay ratio disclosures, clawback trends, and other topics.
Mike practices exclusively in the area of executive compensation and employee retirement benefit issues for corporations, boards of directors, partnerships, executives, and fiduciaries. He works extensively on designing and implementing stock and non-stock based executive compensation and benefit programs for public and private companies.