Nicholas Pesavento is an associate in the Tax Department of Winston & Strawn LLP’s Chicago office.
Nicholas received a B.A. in Philosophy, with High Distinction, from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 2012. He received a J.D., summa cum laude, from the University of Illinois College of Law in 2015, where he was the Executive Production Editor of the University of Illinois Law Review and elected to the Order of the Coif.
Before joining the firm, Nicholas served as a judicial extern for the Hon. John W. Darrah of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, conducting legal research and drafting bench memoranda analyzing the merits of pleadings pending before the court, and recommending a course of action based upon such analyses. He was also a law clerk with a regional law firm, researching and drafting memoranda concerning ongoing commercial matters.
- Project Crush - WX Brands
- Edmentum Definitive Agreement to Acquire Apex Learning
- PEAG, LLC dba JLab Sale Transaction
- EyeSouth Partners Acquisition of Eye Center of Texas
- ACON Investments Acquisition of Novipax
- IOP Acquisition of PolyVision Corporation
- Morningstar Acquisition of DBRS
- VMG Partners Sale of Sun Bum to S.C. Johnson & Son
- Century Park Capital Partners Majority Recapitalization of MCCi
- Rock Hill Capital Group Majority Recapitalization of LQC Pipe and Supply
- Elite Dental Partners Majority Recapitalization with Cressey & Company
- Maval Industries' Sale of OE Steering Business
- Rock Hill Capital III's Investment in Ace Gathering Holdings
- Post Capital Partners Sale of BHS Specialty Chemicals
- UL Acquisition of Emergo Group, Inc.
- Icahn Enterprises Take Private Acquisition of Federal-Mogul
- Zanox AG Acquisition of ShareASale.com
- American Capital CLO Management, LLC Sale to Marble Point Credit Management LLC
Speaking Engagement 10/05/21Structuring Redemptions of Partnership and LLC Interests: Issues Unique to Liquidating Distributions
Newsletter 08/09/16Pro Bono Reporter – Summer 2016
Newsletter 05/26/16Private Equity Update: IRC Section 385 Proposed Regulations – Broad Implications But Perhaps Not For Portfolio Companies