Winston & Strawn will host an eLunch titled “Wage and Hour Update” on July 18, 2018 from 12:15-1:30 p.m. (Central).
Plaintiffs’ counsel continue to find new theories and file new wage and hour class actions. During this eLunch, Labor & Employment attorneys Joan Fife and Emilie Woodhead will discuss the latest wage and hour issues employers face both in the nationwide arena and in California, as well as strategies for addressing these issues. Topics that will be addressed include:
- An update of significant cases under the FLSA
- An update of significant court decisions
- Trends in certification of class and collective actions
- Arbitration agreements and class action waivers
- Court scrutiny of settlements
- California update, including issues with independent contractors, wage statement requirements, and meal and rest period premiums
An eLunch is a complimentary, interactive seminar where participants watch and listen to a presentation given by Winston & Strawn attorneys over the Internet.
Clients and friends of the firm are invited to attend seminars and events. We reserve the right to limit attendance at any firm event.
NOTE: CLE credit is not available for listening to our pre-recorded eLunch or webinar briefings.