Winston & Strawn is ranked as having a top practice in 26 categories by Chambers USA 2012. Chambers and Partners is a prominent UK-based research and publishing organization which conducts extensive research within key legal markets and nationally to evaluate attorneys based on, among other things, reputation and client feedback.
Winston & Strawn is ranked as either a first or second tier practice in the following areas:
- Advertising: Litigation (Nationwide)
- Antitrust (Illinois)
- Banking & Finance (Illinois)
- Corporate/M&A & Private Equity (Illinois)
- Energy: State Regulatory & Litigation (California)
- Labor & Employment (Illinois)
- Labor & Employment: Employee Benefits & Compensation (Illinois)
- Litigation: General Commercial (Illinois)
- Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations (Illinois)
- Media & Entertainment: Transactional (Illinois)
- Transportation: Shipping: Regulatory (outside New York) (Nationwide)
Additionally, 68 Winston & Strawn attorneys were listed as leaders in their fields, including: Kimball Anderson, Julie Bauer, Chuck Birenbaum, Allen Black, Jerry Bloom, Charles Boehrer, Matthew Botica, Bruce Braun, Mark Bravin, Steve Cagle, Linda Coberly, Ed Cohen, Thomas Cottingham, Lisa Cottle, Donald Dankner, Oscar David, Christine Edwards, Michael Elkin, Seth Farber, David Feher, Tom Frederick, John Fredericks, Columbus Gangemi, Bryant Gardner, Brian Heidelberger, Mark Henning, Jim Hurst, Mary Hutchings Reed, Caryn Jacobs, Ronald Jacobson, Suzanne Jaffe Bloom, James Junewicz, Joe Karp, Jeffrey Kessler, John Keville, Eleni Kouimelis, Harvey Kurzweil, Woody Lay, Julius Loeser, George Lombardi, Nash Long, Jim Lynch, Mark McCareins, Molly McGill, Mike Melbinger, Chuck Moll, Gregory Murray, Christopher Murtaugh, Floyd Nation, Charlie Papavizas, Laura Petroff, Bob Pringle, David Repka, Randy Rogers, John Rosenthal, Eric Sagerman, Rex Sessions, Robert Sperling, Brian Swett, Joe Torres, Bruce Toth, Troy Van Dongen, Paul Victor, Robert Wall, Dan Webb, Louis Weber, Mark Weisberg, and Raymond Wuslich.
Of note, firm chairman Dan Webb was listed as a “Star Individual” in two areas: Litigation: General Commercial and Litigation: White-Collar Crime & Government Investigations.