Sheryl Falk has spent the last decade focusing on digital evidence and emerging technology issues. In addition to her extensive commercial litigation experience, Ms. Falk is certified in computer forensics and has in-depth technical knowledge and experience with data security and privacy matters. This background provides her clients with the skills required to handle technology challenges, including data loss prevention, data breach response, and privacy counseling.
Ms. Falk assists clients with:
- Investigating and responding to data breaches
- Developing privacy programs and trade secret protocols
- Ensuring compliance with both national and international privacy programs
- Delivering employee training related to data loss
- Prevention and privacy issues
- Conducting internal investigations of theft of trade secrets
- Litigating data breach and trade secret cases
- Handling digital evidence issues, including early case assessment and spoliation
- Consulting on international data transfer matters
In addition to being a requested speaker on the legal issues surrounding today’s digital technology, Ms. Falk’s insight on computer forensics, data breach investigations, international data transfer, and digital evidence has been shared with peers and industry leaders through numerous published articles. Ms. Falk is a member of Winston’s Privacy Group and eDiscovery Leadership Team and co-chairs the Cross Border Data Privacy subcommittee.
Ms. Falk received a B.A. from the University of the South and a J.D. from the University of Houston.