Winston & Strawn hosted a renewable energy seminar titled "Latest Trends and Regulations of Renewable Energy Investment in the United States and China" on November 2 in Beijing. Partners Jerry Bloom and Jem Li addressed the following issues:
- Global Energy Market and Renewable Energy in the United States
- Overview of global energy sector
- Impact of climate change and sustainability on the energy sector
- Overview of the renewable energy sector and regulatory issues in the U.S. market
- The state of development and future opportunities
- How to navigate the major obstacles and politics of renewable energy
- How to find and evaluate financing and investment in the U.S. renewable energy sector
- How to effectively identify opportunities for M&A in the U.S.
- Successful Partnerships between Chinese and U.S. Companies in the Renewable Energy Sector
- U.S. perspective on partnering with Chinese companies: success stories and lessons learned
- Chinese perspective on partnering with U.S. companies: success stories and lessons learned
- Differences between the U.S. and Chinese renewable energy sector
- How to identify opportunities for Chinese companies in the U.S. energy sector
- U.S. investigation of Chinese participation in the U.S. renewable market
- Dominance of U.S. and Chinese companies in the global energy markets
Mr. Bloom, based in the firm's Los Angeles office, is chair of the firm's energy, project development, and finance practice group and focuses his practice on the development, finance, and operation of domestic and international independent energy projects, electric industry restructuring and privatization, and mergers and acquisitions.
Mr. Li is managing partner of the firm's Beijing office. He focuses his practice on a broad range of cross-border transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, venture capital investments, and foreign direct investment in China.