Winston & Strawn sponsored the 2011 Turnaround Management Association (TMA) Annual Convention, held October 25-27, 2011 in San Diego. Twitter co-founder Biz Stone was the keynote speaker.
TMA is a professional organization dedicated to corporate renewal and turnaround management. The organization consists of industry professionals who share a common interest in strengthening the economy through the restoration of corporate value. The convention consisted of multiple networking opportunities, workshops, and panels on key issues in turnaround management, corporate restructuring and distressed investing, including:
- Ethical challenges faced by large, mid and small companies
- Dimensions of fiscal stress management in the public sector
- Is social media nonsense, a nuisance, or a necessity?
- Avoiding pitfalls and seizing opportunities when restructuring small and mid-size businesses
- Current trends in distressed investing
- Strategies for working with or without technology companies
- Turnaround management vs. crisis management
Several Winston & Strawn corporate partners attended the convention on behalf of the firm.