Winston & Strawn corporate finance partners spoke at the 17th Annual Thomson Reuters LPC Loan Conference held Thursday, September 22, 2011 in New York. The theme of this year's conference was "Boom to Bust and Back: The Global Loan Market Moves Forward."
Winston's panel presentation was titled "Documentation: Back to the Future?", and focused on the following key topics:
- How are key documentation & structural issues changing and impacting lenders and borrowers today?
- Adopting full sungard mechanics
- Loosening negative covenants
- Limiting financial covenants
- Permitting equity/sub-debt cure mechanics
- Pricing floors
- How Long is Never? The Return of Pre-Crisis Loan Documentation Provisions?
Susan Berkwitt, a corporate partner based in Winston & Strawn's New York office, moderated the panel. She was joined by Ted Basta, Senior Vice President, Market Data & Analysis of Loan Syndications and Trading Association, Inc.; Douglas Buffone, Director and Counsel of Credit Suisse; and Otis Ku, Vice President of Bank of America Merrill Lynch.
Other topics discussed at the loan conference included:
- An analysis of trends and developments in the 2011 global loan market, a presentation by Thomson Reuters
- A look at today's market as we head inexorably back in the direction of those glorious days… what could possibly go wrong?, a presentation by Barclays Capital
- CLOs 2.0: Charting the comeback, a presentation by Fitch Ratings
- Where is Loan Market Credit Risk Headed in 2012?, a presentation by Standard & Poor's
Bill Brewer, Patrick Hardiman and Ron Jacobson attend the conference on behalf of the firm.