Winston & Strawn moderated and hosted a panel at the 14th Annual Reuters LPC Loan Conference titled"After the Fall: Navigating the New Credit Market" held on September 17, 2008 in New York. The panel addressed the following topics:
- Case Studies: How are recent transactions weathering the market tumult? What are the outcomes, lessons learned?
- Fair and balanced: How do emerging trends in structuring, documenting transactions impact the buyside, sellside?
- How are Best Practices changing with respect to intercreditor agreements, MAC language, change of control, flex, covenants?
The Reuters LPC Loan Conference is one of the most widely-attended and well-established event in the loan market today, bringing together more than 500 financial professionals, key decision-makers and participants in the commercial loan market. Among the topics discussed at this year's conference were:
- Overview of the global loan market: A statistical story of the past 12 months
- The New Sellside? Who has underwriting capacity – and how do you tap into it?
- The Butterfly Effect: Why what happens in IGR CDS now ripples through leveraged loans. What you must know about cross-asset contagion
- The Macro View: Where are defaults (and losses) headed – and how can you get ahead of it?
- Structurally speaking: What sorts of deals are getting done – and what lessons can be taken from these experiences?
Winston & Strawn partner David Batty of the Charlotte office and Marvin Miller of the New York office coordinated and presented on the Winston & Strawn panel.
Other panelists included:
John A. Hatherly
President and Managing Partner
Wynnchurch Capital, Ltd.
Stephen M. Riddell
Senior Research Analyst and Portfolio Manager
Gulf Stream Asset Management, LLC
Director, Leveraged Finance