Winston & Strawn partner Eric Cohen, who concentrates his practice in securities and U.S. and global markets, spoke at The Investors’ and Issuers’ Summit on Alternative Capital Raising Strategies held March 31 to April 1, 2008 in New York City. The program was being co-sponsored by Financial Research Associates, LLC and The Hedge Fund Business Operations Association.
Mr. Cohen participated on the panel titled "Private Investment in Public Equity: (PIPEs) Present and Future," which discussed how the PIPEs market evolved into a mainstream financing tool for growth companies and how recent regulatory changes provide a foundation for further opportunities. Specific topics include:
- How issuers and investors have adapted to Section 415 changes
- What the new 144 rules mean for structures of deals in the future
- The improved quality of all market participants (issuers, investors, intermediaries)
- Recent changes in the regulatory environment
- The record number of transactions and money invested in PIPEs