Shirley Fu is a solicitor in the firm’s Hong Kong office who focuses her practice on mergers and acquisitions and other corporate matters.
Ms. Fu advises international and local corporations from a wide spectrum of industries in relation to commercial and corporate transactions. She also has experience in advising clients in initial public offerings, banking and finance issues.
Ms. Fu has previous experience working as a tax consultant in one of the Big Four accounting firms in Sydney.
Her representative engagements include:
- Advising a property and construction group listed in Hong Kong in its acquisition/disposal of various real estate projects in different PRC cities and also in joint ventures relating to the same.
- Advising a property and construction group listed in Hong Kong in its hotel and serviced apartments management arrangements and sale of
- Advising various companies in relation to their initial public offerings on the Main Board of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.such apartments.
- Advising a property and construction group listed in Hong Kong in its acquisition of a retail property management business in the PRC.
- Assisting a U.S. luxury retailer in its acquisition of a distribution company in HK.
- Assisting a U.S. luxury retailer on the reorganization of its distribution network in PRC, HK and Taiwan.
- Advising a private equity holding company and various funds in relation to their disposal of interests in a leading manufacturer of soy sauces and fermented bean curd in the PRC to a prominent U.S.-based food company.
- Advising a leading PRC insurance conglomerate in relation to its subscription of new shares in a renowned PRC bank and the merger of its own banking unit into the PRC bank.
- Advised a leading PRC insurance conglomerate in relation to its joint venture in the PRC with a major South Africa-based insurance company.
- Advising a major Hong Kong property and construction group in relation to its acquisition of various real estate projects in different PRC cities.
- Advising a leading PRC bank in relation to its acquisition of interests in a local bank.
- Advising various Hong Kong listed companies on corporate governance matters and compliance with the Rules Governing the Listing of Securities on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
Ms. Fu received a bachelor of commerce (with distinction) and a LL.B in 2003 from the University of New South Wales, Australia, a Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice in 2003 from the College of Laws, New South Wales, Australia and a P.C.L.L. in 2007 from the City University of Hong Kong.
Ms. Fu speaks and writes about legal issues affecting her practice. In 2011, she was invited by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council to speak in an Entrepreneur Workshop on “The Fundamental Legal Knowledge for Start-Ups.”
Speeches and Publications