Vivien Ji is an associate in the firm’s Shanghai office and focuses her practice on foreign direct investments in China, cross-border mergers and acquisitions, venture capital, private equity, and general corporate matters.
Ms. Ji has extensive experience in advising multinational corporations on their investments in China, logistics, distribution, labor and employment, financings and, real estate issues.
Ms. Ji’s representative engagements include:
- Advising CarreFour China on its restructuring and corporate compliance issues involving cross-border company group restructuring from indirectly captive-structured to solely foreign-owned company.
- Advising Boeing China on share acquisition.
- Advising IVECO on assets acquisition and formation of joint ventures with Chinese state-owned companies.
- Advising Carbone Lorraine on formation of a holding company and restructuring of the affiliated subsidiaries.
- Advising HSBC China on financing a Chinese network company via Series A preferred shares purchase.
- Advising Acorn Campus Asia Funds on the formation of PARALLEL venture funds between PRC and overseas and co-investment in the portfolio companies.
- Advising Regus China on real estate development and lease issues.
- Advising Tesco China on real estate development project in various cities.
- Advising Louis Vuitton and Christian Dior on the formation of commercial companies and retail stores in various cities in China; advised on trading and distribution of brand commodities in China and overseas.
Ms. Ji received an LL.B. in 2005 from the Fudan University School of Law, China and an LL.M. in 2010 from the Columbia University School of Law, U.S.A.