Sara Susnjar is a multi-lingual Associate who concentrates her practice in international arbitration as well as litigation. She has represented states and companies in arbitrations under ICC, ICSID and UNCITRAL rules. Furthermore, she has served as arbitral secretary in arbitrations.
Ms. Susnjar has also participated in investigations and litigations involving the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), corporate fraud, and accounting improprieties.
In addition to her international arbitration and litigation experience, Ms. Susnjar assists on regular basis clients of the firm in connection with their contractual and transactional matters in various industry business sectors.
Ms. Susnjar’s prior experience includes the following:
- US Department of Justice
- Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice & Human Rights
- Delegation of the European Union to the United States
- British Parliament
- United States Congress
- ICC Young Arbitrators Forum
- LCIA Young International Arbitration Group
- Young ICCA
- ICDR Young & International
- Chicago Bar Association
- ABA Section of International Law
Ms. Susnjar received a Master 2 (LLM), in European and International Business Law from University of Paris, Dauphine in 2008. Additionally, she earned a J.D. in 2007 from St. Louis University School of Law. Ms. Susnjar received a B.A. double degree in English and Political Science with a third major in Speech Communications from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in 2004. She was the Political Science graduation ceremony speaker.
Speeches and Publications
- Implications of AT&T Mobility LLC v. Concepcion for International Arbitration, International Arbitration Case Law Digest - SIA School of International Arbitration (2012).
- PRIME Tribunal, the New Way of Arbitrating Financial Disputes, Financial Services Update (2012).
- Implications of Idea Nouova, Inc. v. GM Licensing Group for International Arbitration (2011).
- The Taboo of Ethnic Statistics, Eurowatch Journal: Reporting on Legal and Regulatory Developments Affecting Foreign Companies Operating in the European Union (2008).
- Université de Cergy – Pontoise, Guest lecturer to French law students on US federal law (2008).
- Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot, Judge