Stewart Worthy is an English qualified solicitor and a corporate associate in Winston & Strawn’s London office concentrating his practice in English corporate and commercial law.
Mr. Worthy's experience includes lending, domestic and cross-border acquisitions and dispositions, joint ventures, private equity investments, and London Stock Exchange and Alternative Investment Market listings.
- Acting for a leading energy company on its acquisition of two Ukrainian energy companies for approximately US$140 million
- Acting for Morningstar on two separate acquisitions of UK companies
- Acting for Underwriters Laboratories on its acquisition of RFI Global Services
- Advising two oil and gas companies on their respective US$550 million and US$150 million pre-export (LMA) finance facilities
- Acting for a Nigerian company on its US$400 million acquisition of significant oil and gas assets from international oil companies in the Niger Delta
- Advising Macquarie US Trading LLC on certain (LMA) loan facilities into the UK
- Acting for a sovereign government finance authority on its pre-export (LMA) finance facilities with a Chinese bank
- Acting for a French financial institution in its restructuring of loans made to a sovereign wealth fund
Mr. Worthy is a member of the Law Society of England and Wales.
Mr. Worthy received a B.A. in History, with honors, from the University of Newcastle upon Tyne in 2002. He received a Post Graduate Diploma in Law in 2003 from the College of Law, Guildford, where he completed the Legal Practice Course in 2004.