Commitment and respect for the community in which we live and operate is one of Winston & Strawn's core values. In response to the growing awareness of environmental sustainability, our firm has recently formed the Winston Initiative for Sustainable Environment (WISE).
WISE is an interdisciplinary group of attorneys and staff professionals who strive to help reduce the firm's carbon footprint and promote environmental responsibility. WISE is continually working to implement measures and best practices firm-wide through awareness, education, and communication. WISE team members in each office purposefully engage their colleagues to recognize that we are simultaneously operating in the larger ecosystem of the world. Our San Francisco office, for example, has recently been certified by the United States Green Building Council under the program for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). In the coming months, other Winston & Strawn offices will also pursue LEED certification.
Our WISE program initiatives also include:
- Paper management
- Engaging in extensive recycling and waste reduction
- Promoting energy and natural resource conservation
- Partnering with companies for environmentally responsible purchasing
In addition, Winston & Strawn is affiliated with the following organizations:
- Environmental Law Institute
- Women's Council on Energy and the Environment (WCEE)
- ABA/EPA Law Office Climate Challenge and Energy Star