Screen Actors Guild
Examples of our work in Screen Actors Guild (SAG) matters include:
- Representing a major brand and its advertising agency in a lawsuit by the SAG Producer Pension Fund alleging a violation of the SAG Commercials Contract with respect to a celebrity endorsement agreement with Tiger Woods and the television commercials produced pursuant thereto.
- Representing PepsiCo., Inc. and its advertising agency, BBDO Worldwide, in a lawsuit brought by the Flamingos, a 1950s doowop group, claiming a violation of the SAG Commercials Contract relating to our clients' use of the Flamingos' version of "I Only Have Eyes for You" in a Super Bowl commercial.
- Defending an advertising agency in connection with unfair labor practice charges filed by the SAG with the National Labor Relations Board, alleging union activity by a non-union entity.
- Representing a major advertiser and its advertising agency in an arbitration demand by SAG relating to commercials posted to YouTube.com by third parties not associated with the commercial producer.
- Counseling a major brand and major advertising agencies in considering terminating their signatory status to the SAG Commercials Contract.