Dick Wynne is a partner in the firm’s Houston office whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, securities, and the representation of management groups.
His clients have included boards of directors and their committees, investment banks, private equity firms and their portfolio investment companies, and companies operating in a variety of industries. Mr. Wynne has handled hundreds of private company acquisitions and divestitures, with particular experience in the energy sector.
- Representation of Cameron International Corporation in over $3 billion in acquisitions and dispositions, including:
- the 2009 acquisition of NATCO Group, Inc., in a $982 million merger transaction;
- the 2011 acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies Drilling Systems and Offshore Products for $375 million;
- the 2012 acquisition of TTS Energy for $270 million;
- the 2014 disposition of its reciprocating compression business to General Electric for $550 million; and
- the 2014 disposition of its centrifugal compression business to Ingersoll Rand for $850 million. (pending)
- Representation of Rock Hill Capital, a Houston-based private equity firm, in multiple portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of Blackhawk Specialty Tools, LLC in its sale to Bain Capital.
- Representation of ConGlobal Industries in its sale to a portfolio company of the Carlyle Group.
- Representation of the special committee of Encore Energy Partners, L.P. in “dropdown” transactions.
- Representation of special committees in merger transactions sponsored by SCF Partners.
- Representation of Targa Resources Partners, L.P. in affiliated party transactions valued at $1.2 billion.
- Representation of Scotland-based private equity firm, Clyde Blowers Capital, in multiple acquisitions.
- Representation of Strategic Armory Corps, LLC in its acquisition programs.
- Representation of Hupecol LLC in the sale of Columbian oil and gas assets to Sinopec.
- Representation of TH Hill in its disposition to Bureau Veritas.
- Engagement as expert witness and advisor in disputed insurance company merger.
- Representation of special committee of BreitBurn Energy Partners, L.P. in acquisition of its general partner and other affiliated-party transactions.
- Representation of Seqwright, Inc. in its sale to GE Healthcare.
- Reverse acquisition of Nasdaq oilfield service company for nationally recognized private equity fund.
- Representation of major French concern in disposition of U.S. winery and vineyard operations.
- Representation of industry-leading glass recycling concern in disposition to a private equity fund.
Mr. Wynne received a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Texas at Austin in 1983 and a J.D. from the University of Houston in 1986.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Wynne has been selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers since 2008 and Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition in the area of Securities and Corporate Finance. He was also recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 in the field of Securities/Capital Markets Law.
Mr. Wynne is a member of the American Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, and Houston Bar Association. He is also a Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Attorney.