Dick Wynne is a partner in the firm’s Houston office whose practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, securities, and the representation of management groups.
His clients have included boards of directors and their committees, investment banks, private equity firms and their portfolio investment companies, and companies operating in a variety of industries. Mr. Wynne has handled hundreds of private company acquisitions and divestitures, with particular experience in the energy sector. He has also represented companies engaged in recycling and waste management, manufacturing, distribution, apparel, death care, automotive, and building products.
- Representation of Cameron International Corporation in over $2 billion in acquisitions, including:
- the 2009 acquisition of NATCO Group, Inc., in a $982 million merger transaction;
- the 2011 acquisition of LeTourneau Technologies Drilling Systems and Offshore Products for $375 million; and
- the 2012 acquisition of TTS Energy for $270 million.
- Representation of the special committee of Encore Energy Partners, L.P. in over $500 million in “dropdown” transactions.
- Representation of the special committee of Subsea Services, Inc. in five-company merger transaction sponsored by SCF Partners.
- Representation of Targa Resources Partners, L.P. in affiliated party transactions valued at $1.2 billion.
- Representation of Rock Hill Capital, a Houston-based private equity firm, in multiple portfolio company acquisitions and dispositions.
- Representation of a portfolio company of Scotland-based Clyde Blowers Capital in acquisition of S&N Pump Company, a manufacturer of seawater lift systems.
- Representation of Hupecol LLC in the sale of Columbian oil and gas assets to Sinopec.
- Representation of TH Hill in its disposition to Bureau Veritas.
- Engagement as expert witness and advisor in disputed insurance company merger.
- Representation of special committee of BreitBurn Energy Partners, L.P. in acquisition of its general partner and other affiliated-party transactions.
- Representation of international and regional investment banks in transactions valued at over $10 billion.
- Representation of Seqwright, Inc. in its sale to GE Healthcare.
- Reverse acquisition of Nasdaq oilfield service company for nationally recognized private equity fund.
- Multiple acquisitions and financing transactions for portfolio companies of NYSE equity fund.
- Representation of major French concern in disposition of U.S. winery and vineyard operations.
- Representation of industry-leading glass recycling concern in disposition to a private equity fund.
- Representation of Nasdaq oilfield service company in primary and secondary public equity offerings.
Mr. Wynne received a B.B.A. in Finance from the University of Texas at Austin in 1983 and a J.D. from the University of Houston in 1986.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Wynne has been selected for inclusion in Texas Super Lawyers since 2008 and Super Lawyers, Corporate Counsel Edition in the area of Securities and Corporate Finance. He was also recently selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America 2015 in the field of Securities/Capital Markets Law.
Mr. Wynne is a member of the American Bar Association, Texas Bar Association, and Houston Bar Association. He is also a Martindale Hubbell AV Rated Attorney.