Robert Pringle is a partner in the firm’s San Francisco office whose practice focuses on antitrust, trade regulation, and litigation.
Mr. Pringle represents clients on a range of antitrust matters in state and federal courts and before administrative tribunals. He is particularly experienced handling cases involving unfair competition, securities, and complex business litigation. Mr. Pringle also participates in criminal grand jury matters, contested mergers, and many types of civil litigation, including trade secrets and other intellectual property claims, contract disputes, fraud, and RICO claims.
In addition, Mr. Pringle provides counseling and serves as special litigation counsel to corporate boards of directors, many of which are Fortune 200 and 500 companies in the United States and abroad.
Some of his recent matters include:
- Serving as lead counsel in a worldwide cartel criminal investigation and follow-on class action litigation.
- Serving as lead counsel in a securities class action litigation.
- Serving as special litigation counsel to the board of directors of a major software company.
- Serving as lead counsel in the defense of litigation brought by the Attorney General of California against a major utility under Section 7 of the Clayton Act.
- Representing a large supermarket chain in antitrust actions brought by the Attorney General of California arising out of a lengthy labor dispute between the supermarkets and their labor unions in the Los Angeles area.
Mr. Pringle received a B.S. Business Administration from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1966 and a J.D. in 1969 from Duke University School of Law.
Honors & Awards
Mr. Pringle was recently recognized by U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® 2014 for his antitrust and commercial litigation practices. In 2010, he was named Antitrust Lawyer of the Year by the California State Bar Antitrust & Unfair Competition Section. The Section has presented the Antitrust Lawyer of the Year award annually since 1991 to the antitrust lawyer the Executive Committee believes is among the most prominent, respected, and successful attorneys in terms of impact on the profession, and one who exemplifies the highest standards of collegiality, professionalism, and commitment to the practice.
Mr. Pringle also has been named in Best Lawyers in the United States, Who’s Who in America, Who’s Who in American Law, Chambers USA, and San Francisco Magazine’s Super Lawyer list.
Mr. Pringle is a member of the State Bar of California’s Unfair Competition and Antitrust Section; the American Bar Association’s Section of Public Utility, Communications and Transportation Law, and Litigation Section; and a lifetime member of the Board of Visitors of Duke University Law School.
- Antitrust / Competition
- Antitrust Litigation
- Asia Competition & Regulatory Advice
- Banking Litigation
- Class Actions
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Compliance & Counseling
- Corporate and Transactional
- Global Cartel Defense
- Government Investigations
- International Arbitration
- Merger Reviews / Challenges
- Professional Liability
- White Collar & Internal Investigations
- USCA - 9th Circuit for Hon. Oliver D. Hamlin
- Duke University, JD, 1969