Over the past 19 years, Brian has represented a multitude of the nation’s most revered brands and agencies in all aspects of their business, as well as some of the nation's most prominent athletes in their personal, professional and charitable endeavors. In doing so, Brian has been named the Best Advertising Lawyer in Chicago, and his practice group has been named a Media and Entertainment Practice of the Year. Clients describe Brian as a “practical solutions-orientated lawyer” who “understands the rhythm of this practice” and is “extremely knowledgeable in the areas of advertising, marketing, sweepstakes, and privacy law, and can always answer any question without the need for additional research” (Chambers USA 2014).
- Advertising clearance, claim substantiation, music/talent/sponsorship licensing, branded entertainment, agency/client agreements, children’s advertising, regulated industries and Screen Actors Guild (SAG) matters.
- Sweepstakes, instant win games, contests, coupons, rebates, gift cards, loyalty programs and event/cause/entertainment marketing and transactions related thereto.
- All consumer privacy law issues, such as e-mail marketing, text messaging, behavioral advertising, and marketing to children.
- New/Social Media
- Social media, native advertising, user-generated content, mobile marketing, e-commerce and domain names.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- False and misleading advertising, copyright and trademark infringement, right of publicity and cyber squatting, including FTC, AG, NAD, SAG, and UDRP actions.
- Trademark, Copyright and Right to Publicity
- Clearance, protection, licensing and maintenance of trademarks, copyrights, domain names and other intellectual property.
- Sports and Entertainment
- Assistance to athletes and entertainers in the areas of trusts and estates, corporate matters, non-profit foundations, intellectual property, domain names and sponsorship. Past and present representations include the NBA’s Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, Kevin Durant and Luol Deng.
- E-commerce/New Media Ventures
- Cutting-edge knowledge of the law and industry
- Cost effective
- Click here to view Brian's AdAge Mini Law Lessons
- Click on the below to view the latest
- Legal counsel to Dwayne Wade’s nonprofit foundation (Miami Heat)
- Legal counsel to Luol Deng’s nonprofit foundation (Cleveland Cavaliers)
- Legal counsel to Girl Scouts of Greater Chicago and Northwest Indiana
- Legal counsel to Chicago Botanic Gardens
- Legal counsel to Imagination Foundation
- Chicago-Kent, JD, 1994