With strong North American roots originating in Chicago in 1853, Winston & Strawn serves businesses – from Fortune 500 corporations and financial institutions to small and midsize companies – from coast to coast. In the 1970s, the firm began expanding beyond Chicago and today has offices in Charlotte, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C.
Our established presence across North America allows us to efficiently and effectively meet our clients’ legal needs. With the most recent openings in Houston and Silicon Valley to serve clients in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters, to expanding our presence in New York to better assist clients with their financial services needs, we have the experience to advance our clients’ business objectives in the United States and abroad.
With more than 800 attorneys across the United States, we work together to resolve challenging deals and complex cases. We are proud of our people, the interesting matters we handle, and the impressive clients we serve.
ChicagoWinston & Strawn LLP
35 W. Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60601-9703
Phone: +1 (312) 558-5600
Fax: +1 (312) 558-5700
Winston & Strawn’s Chicago office represents the beginning of the firm founded by Frederick H. Winston in 1853. Representing the Union Stockyards and at least three major railroads, the firm grew exponentially with the burgeoning “City of Big Shoulders.”
Today, more than 600 attorneys and professional staff work in the firm’s oldest and largest office. Building a reputation for the highest quality legal work, our lawyers include dozens of the most widely recognized leaders of the American legal community, including our senior chairman and former four-term Illinois Governor, James Thompson, and firm chairman Dan Webb, a former U.S. Attorney for the Northern District of Illinois who is widely recognized as one of the nation’s top trial lawyers.
Our talented and efficient Chicago lawyers continue to handle both high-stakes civil and criminal litigation, including major jury and bench trials in federal and state courts throughout the country, and complex transactional matters for multinational companies and financial services firms. Our attorneys also practice in the areas of antitrust, IP, tax, lending and middle market M&A, labor and employment and employee benefits and executive compensation, along with real estate, energy, environmental, and trusts and estates.
The Chicago office is deeply involved in the community. Our lawyers provide pro bono legal services to various community organizations and individuals. Annually, we support a number of charities, including the United Way, the Chicago Food Depository, and the Chicago Children’s Museum. Through our work with the Chicago Bar Foundation’s Campaign for Justice, we raise funds to provide legal support to the most vulnerable and underrepresented population in the city.
From O’Hare International Airport
- Take Interstate 190 (Kennedy Expressway) from the airport and merge onto Interstate 90/94 (left lanes) to Chicago Loop.
- Exit 90/94 at Ohio St. feeder and merge onto Ohio St. Proceed east on Ohio St. until Clark St.
- Turn right from Ohio St. (south) onto Clark St. and cross the river.
- Proceed 1 block further south to Lake St.
- Turn left on Lake St.
- The Theater District Self-Park will be on the right, two blocks straight ahead.
From Midway Airport
- From the airport, take Cicero Ave. (IL 50) to Interstate 55 (Stevenson Expressway) and exit north to Chicago.
- From 55 North, exit from the left lanes into the Lake Shore Drive feeder.
- Take Lake Shore Dr. north to Randolph St. exit (from right lanes) and proceed west on Randolph St. to Dearborn St.
- Turn right (north) on Dearborn St.
- The Theater District Self-Park will be on the right.