With strong North American roots originating in Chicago in 1853, Winston & Strawn serves businesses – from Fortune 500 corporations and financial institutions to small and midsize companies – from coast to coast. In the 1970s, the firm began expanding beyond Chicago and today has offices in Charlotte, Houston, Los Angeles, Newark, New York, San Francisco, Silicon Valley, and Washington, D.C.
Our established presence across North America allows us to efficiently and effectively meet our clients’ legal needs. With the most recent openings in Houston and Silicon Valley to serve clients in intellectual property and commercial litigation matters, to expanding our presence in New York to better assist clients with their financial services needs, we have the experience to advance our clients’ business objectives in the United States and abroad.
With more than 800 attorneys across the United States, we work together to resolve challenging deals and complex cases. We are proud of our people, the interesting matters we handle, and the impressive clients we serve.
CharlotteWinston & Strawn LLP
100 North Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202-1078
Phone: +1 (704) 350-7700
Fax: +1 (704) 350-7800
In January 2008, Winston & Strawn launched our 11th office located in Charlotte—a financial, energy, and manufacturing hub. Through a number of significant lateral hires, we have quickly grown our Charlotte presence to provide legal services to clients in key areas including corporate finance and lending, financial services litigation, environmental litigation, white collar, labor and employment, restructuring and insolvency, and general commercial litigation.
Charlotte has become a major financial center and is now the second largest banking center in the United States. Charlotte is home to a vibrant arts and entertainment culture and also enjoys thriving economic and business activity. The city serves as headquarters for many major national and international companies, most of which are serviced by our lawyers.
In 2012, the Charlotte office relocated to new space on the 28th and 29th floors of the Bank of America Corporate Center. The cutting-edge facilities allow our growing team to work better with partners in other offices, as well as service clients across the United States and in Europe and Asia.
From Charlotte / Douglas International Airport
- Take Exit from Airport to Billy Graham Parkway.
- Take Billy Graham to I-85 North.
- Take Exit 36 (Highway16 / Brookshire Blvd).
- Bear to right at fork and right again at yield sign.
- Proceed on Highway 16 / Brookshire Blvd, which becomes I-277 / John Belk Freeway.
- Take the Church Street / Tryon Street Exit.
- At the end of the ramp, turn right onto Church Street.
- Turn left on 5th Street.
- Continue on 5th Street, crossing Tryon Street and College Street.
- Turn right into the Bank of America Corporate Center Parking Deck.
Walking Directions from the Bank of America Corporate Center Parking Deck
- From the sixth floor of the Bank of America Corporate Center Parking Deck, walk through the corridor and over the Skywalk (which crosses College Street) into Founder’s Hall. Take the escalator down to the ground floor level of Founder’s Hall, and proceed to the Visitor Registration desk in the northwest corner of the Bank of America Corporate Center lobby. Photo identification is required for security purposes and for entrance into our office space.